1. Beer is the most popular drink in the world after drinking water and tea.
2. Belgian breweries produce beer with an alcohol content of less than one and a half percent.3. Caloric content of beer is lower than that of apple juice, Coca-Cola, other soda with sugar and milk.4. In Kentucky, the world’s largest Beer Museum is located, which contains ancient equipment, numerous bottles, cans, lids, advertising posters and much more.
5. There are more than 400 varieties and types of beer. In addition to traditional ales and lagers,6.
Most beer is drunk in the Czech Republic, for every citizen of the country, an average of 156 liters per year.7. The most expensive modern beer is the Belgian brand “Vieille Bon Secours “, one bottle of which costs about 1000 dollars.8.
Most beers freeze at a temperature of -2 ° C, and after defrosting remains usable, but it loses flavor and aroma.9. The weakest beer was brewed in Germany in 1918; the drink contained only 0.2% alcohol.10. The beer industry annually brings America $ 200 billion.11. In 1983, one Japanese company mastered the production of “solid beer”: pre-mixed with apple and lemon juice, it was then brought to a jelly-like state.
12. The strongest beer in the world is called “Snake Venom”, contains 67.5% alcohol. 13.
In Bavaria, it is customary to drink beer from liter mugs. 14. The science that studies beer is called Zymology.15. In Ancient Babylon the careless brewer could be drowned in his own brew for selling bad beer.
16. According to research, beer strengthens bones and reduces the risk of developing kidney stones by 40%.17. Ancient Sumerians drank beer through a straw, so as not to swallow the solid impurities left after primitive filtration.18. Monks engaged in brewing were allowed to drink 5 liters of their drink per day, regardless of the day of the week, holiday or fasting.
19. The owner of one of the beer bars near Cavite in the Philippines built a Christmas tree from beer bottles.20. Adolf Bush is the founder of the American national beer brand Budweiser , he was the first to transport beer by rail in double-walled wagons.21. Previously, England pubs served beer in ceramic mugs, on the handles of which were whistles, so for refill they just have to blow the whistle. .22.
George Washington had his own brewery.23. Government-funded organization of Amsterdam pays alcoholics beer. Local alcoholics receive 10 euros and 5 cans of beer as a payment for cleaning city streets.24. 2In Ancient Egypt, for the construction of the pyramids labors were paid 4 liters of beer per day. 25. Steven Petrosino from Pennsylvania drank 1 liter of beer in 1.
? seconds in 1977, making him World Champion for drinking Beer, according to the Guinness World Records Book.26. The oldest known recipe for beer is more than 5 thousand years. The recipe belongs to the Sumerians.
27. Beer in tin cans appeared in 1935 in the USA.28.
Beer and marijuana are almost relatives. Hops and hemp belong to the same family of plants.29.
Approximately 0.7% of the world’s population consumes beer at any time, randomly taken, which means that more than 50 million people are sipping beer right now.30. Political parties in Argentina have their own beer brands. 1131.
Beer was not considered an alcoholic beverage in Russia until 2013.32. Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew Temple in Thailand is made of 1 million bottles of Heineken and local beers. 33. 13In Africa, beer is brewed from bananas.
34. World record for the duration of the hangover is 4 weeks. It belongs to a Scotsman who drank 60 pints (about 30 liters) of beer per day.35. The first professional brewers in the history of mankind were women.36. Beer is one of the world’s oldest cooked beverages, possibly dating from the beginning of the Neolithic era or 9500 BC.
37. Beer contains in its composition almost all the minerals necessary for the normal functioning of the human body.38.
In the XIX century, nursing mothers of the glorious German city of Munich drank 7 pints of beer a day, because they believed that beer promotes breastfeeding of children.39. The Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan Bavarian State Brewery founded in 1040, is the oldest brewery in the world.40. In 1814, almost 1,514 cubic meters of beer flooded several streets in London after a huge vat exploded in the parish of St Giles.
41. Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of empty beer glass.42. In 1963, Albert Heineken made a beer bottle that can be used at the place of bricks to build houses.
43. In 13th century, some Norway people use to baptize their children with beer.44. In Japan the beer cans have braille on it so blind people don’t confuse alcoholic drinks with soft drinks.45. 93,000 liters of beer are rumored to be lost each year in moustaches in Great Britain alone. 46.
It is myth that dark beer is stronger than light beer. 47. Every third brewery in the world is located in Bavaria.48. In the city of Padua in Italy, beer lovers built a copy of the St.
Anthony’s Cathedral from beer cans in 1/4 of a natural size. On this building went 3 million 45 thousand beer cans.49. Ancient Egyptians greeted each other with the phrase “Bread and beer”50. The average native resident of Austria drinks a lot more beer than tea or juice for a year.
51. According to official statistics, in 1998, 470 Chinese people suffered from randomly exploding beer bottles.52. Munich airport – the first in the world, where they brew their own beer.53. English “Tutankhamun” beer (50 dollars – bottle) is prepared according to an ancient Egyptian recipe.
54. American architect Mike Reynolds builds from beer cans at home. He connects eight empty jars to a single unit with wire and connects them with cement. The house of two bedrooms, a living room, a dining room and a kitchen takes 40 thousand cans.55. In the diamond mines of Sierra Leone, gemstones are examined in beer.
56. In Dutch villages, you can often find a mailbox in the form of a beer barrel.57. The most ancient recipe in the world is a recipe for beer.58. A herd of 20 elephants in the village of India drank rice beer from the barrels and killed and injured many people. 59.
It is common myth that alcohol is added in beer.60. In the US city of Natchez in Missouri, there is a law that prohibits feeding elephants with beer.